Ski and snowboarding travel insurance
Are you heading to the snow?
Some of the best holidays include some mountain air, deep powder and amazing scenery. We love getting on a mountain whenever there’s a chance to slide down it again and again…and again!
You’ll already know that it can be a costly past time with all the gear, travel and accommodation anywhere that’s alpine. But if something should go wrong whilst you’re at the top of a mountain, the cost of travel insurance will seem insignificant.
Imagine injuring yourself on a mountain, overseas. First, you pay for a helicopter to get you to the nearest hospital. Then, you pay the local hospital costs (remember that you will probably need to prove you can pay before you get help in most countries, or get credit card approval at least). Then, you’ll need to rebook your flights home and pay to change all of your plans. You might even need an ambulance to the airport. Ouch!
The medical costs are going to hurt a whole lot more than your broken leg and probably for a lot longer!
Our travel insurance will look after your medical evacuation, hospital and doctors’ fees and we’ll even pay for the changes to your flights and get you back home safe and fast. Phew!
Add our skiing and snowboarding cover
With SCTI's TravelCare policy you can increase your comprehensive travel insurance cover by adding our skiing and snowboarding cover during the application process and paying the extra premium.
Even if skiing and snowboarding has been confirmed on your certificate of insurance, unfortunately we can’t cover you if you are skiing or snowboarding:
- off-piste, outside a designated commercial ski area that is open for use;
- in any way that is not in accordance with any notices or regulations the commercial ski area publishes;
- where you are not wearing a helmet on your head;
- in a professional capacity;
- where you are racing, including against time and/or in timed events, of any sort; or
- where you are participating in a competition which involves monetary prizes.
You should also be aware, that sporting equipment (skis or snowboards), will not be covered for damage whilst in use. For example, if you were skiing, had a tumble and broke your leg and your skis, you would be covered for your broken leg, but not for your damaged skis. But, if you your skis were broken while they were in checked luggage (and your airline refused to compensate you for the damage) you would be covered.
Comprehensive travel insurance cover
Our comprehensive TravelCare insurance offers cover for:
- Unlimited medical and evacuation expenses that arise due to unexpected events while on your journey
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits – increase your cover depending on the cost of your journey
- Damaged or lost baggage
- Personal items if they are stolen or damaged
- Rental car excess should you have an accident
- Emergency dental treatment
- Funeral costs
24/7 worldwide emergency assistance
Our worldwide emergency assistance team are only a phone call away, available 24 hours, 7 days a week. Should the unexpected happen and you require urgent help, please do not hesitate to call us.
Before you go
Get a quote right now and get this sorted before you leave. Then all you need to do is get your board or ski’s waxed and tuned.
What you need to know
This page provides a summary of the key terms only. As with all insurance policies, terms and conditions apply. For our terms and conditions (including information about exclusions, excesses and sub limits) we recommend you read the travel insurance policy document.