Diversity and inclusion
Our people are at the very heart of our success. We’re on a continued journey to provide a positive and welcoming environment where everyone feels like they belong. It is within these values that we build a culture of equality, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation or ability. It forms the basis of our policies and procedures and in how we work together as a team.
This journey is overseen by our employee-led Diversity and Inclusion Committee which helps to deliver initiatives that celebrate our diverse backgrounds, forms the basis of our policies and procedures and in how we work together as a team.
We recognise that people are as diverse as the places our customers travel to.
We are committed to our journey of providing an inclusive culture for our team, where diversity is embraced and celebrated.
Creating an inclusive work environment
Our Diversity and Inclusion Committee was formed in 2021 and has since driven a number of initiatives to help make SCTI an inclusive work environment.
- We completed our first organisation-wide inclusion survey
- We celebrated a number of cultural events, such as Matariki, Māori, Samoa, Cook Island, Tonga, Niue, and Tokelau Language weeks.
- Raised awareness for days of importance, such as Positive Thinking Day, International Pronouns Day, World Aids Day, and Pink Shirt Day.
- Facilitated sessions during New Zealand Sign Language Week.
- We gained the Rainbow Tick certification a few short months after forming the Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
Proud supporters of LGBTTQIA+
We have strong representation of the Rainbow community spanning across all levels within our organisation. We’re incredibly proud to be the first travel insurer in New Zealand to achieve the Rainbow Tick certification.