You can only get cover under this policy if you meet all the criteria below.
- You live in New Zealand permanently
- You’re eligible for funding for all public health and disability services in New Zealand
- You haven’t already left New Zealand when you buy this policy
- You’re travelling on your journey to a destination outside of New Zealand
- You will return to New Zealand after finishing your journey, or each journey if you are buying an Annual Multi-Trip Policy
- You haven’t been refused cover, had an insurance claim declined, or had an insurance policy cancelled or voided, because of fraud
- You have a New Zealand bank account
- You have access to an email address so we can contact you about your policy
Note: You do not need to have purchased a return ticket before your start date of journey, but you must intend to return to New Zealand on the completion of your overseas travel.
What you need to know
This page may include some information about our products but, as with all insurance policies, terms and conditions may apply. For our terms and conditions (including information about exclusions, excesses and sub limits) we recommend you read the TravelCare Policy Document and COVID-19 endorsement.