So, you’ve decided to study in New Zealand, and now you’re looking to apply for our International Student Travel Insurance policy. It’s important to understand whether you qualify for the International Student travel insurance policy or not.
You can only get cover under this policy if you meet all the criteria below.
- You hold or intend to hold throughout your journey a current visa permitting you to study in New Zealand
- You’re either
- enrolled at a New Zealand education provider and you regularly attend classes for which you’re enrolled up until the time you submitted a claim or
- you’re a parent or legal guardian and hold or intend to hold a Guardian of a Student Visitor Visa
- You are aged 55 years or under at the date your insurance starts
- You haven’t been refused cover, had an insurance claim declined, or had an insurance policy cancelled or voided, because of fraud
If you do not meet the eligibility requirements of the International Student travel insurance policy you may want to have a look at our Visiting New Zealand policy or contact Southern Cross Health Society.
What you need to know
This page includes some information about our products but, as with all insurance policies, terms and conditions apply. For our terms and conditions (including information about exclusions, excesses and sub limits) we recommend you read the relevant policy documents to ensure our travel insurance products are right for you.