So, you’re looking to apply for our Working Overseas travel insurance policy for your working holiday. It’s essential that you understand whether you qualify for the Working Overseas policy or not.
You can only get cover under this policy if you meet all the criteria below.
- You are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident or an Australian citizen or permanent resident who has resided in New Zealand for a period of at least 12 consecutive months at date your insurance starts
- You’re eligible for all public health and disability services in New Zealand
- You’re aged 18 years or older and 65 years or younger on the date your insurance starts (unless you're the accompanied child of an insured adult)
- You're travelling to a destination outside of New Zealand
- You will return to New Zealand after finishing your journey (except if we have agreed in writing to cover you continuously for more than 12 months with a second policy, and you will return to New Zealand at the end of your journey under your second policy)
- You have had less than 60 months continuous cover across all previous Working Overseas policies except if you have returned to New Zealand for a minimum of 6 months
- You haven’t been refused cover, had an insurance claim declined, or had an insurance policy cancelled or voided because of fraud
- You have a New Zealand bank account
- You have an email address we can use to contact you about your policy
What you need to know
This page includes some information about our products but, as with all insurance policies, terms and conditions apply. For our terms and conditions (including information about exclusions, excesses and sub limits) we recommend you read the relevant policy documents to ensure our travel insurance products are right for you.