You can tailor the Working Overseas policy to meet your individual needs and budget, by choosing between Medical Only Cover or Full Cover. You can also choose between four levels of excess.
Key benefits of Working Overseas travel insurance
- 24-hour worldwide emergency assistance
- Overseas hospitalisation expenses
- Medical evacuation back to New Zealand
- Medical escort back to New Zealand
- GP and prescription expenses
- Replacement staff cover
‘Full Cover’ Working Overseas benefits
The ‘Full Cover’ option also provides cover for:
- Travel cancellations
- Travel delays and missed connections
- Baggage and personal items
- Cash and travel documents
- Personal accident (lump sum)
- Personal liability
- Rental vehicle excess
Do you have Southern Cross Health Insurance?
You can arrange to put your Southern Cross health insurance plan 'on hold', provided you are covered by our Working Overseas policy continuously for the whole time that you are away from New Zealand (terms and conditions apply)
Worldwide emergency assistance
All policies come with Southern Cross worldwide emergency assistance, giving you access to one of the world's largest network of emergency medical resources 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For a full list of benefits covered and the conditions and exclusions that apply please refer to the Policy Wording, which together with the Certificate of Insurance, makes up the contract of insurance.