Choose your destinations

The Working Overseas policy offers two destination categories you can choose from: Australia/South Pacific and Worldwide. Be sure to get the right cover for the countries you plan to travel to, not just the countries you’ll be working in. For example, if you’ll be working in Australia but you plan to visit Europe, you must select the Worldwide option.


Australia/South Pacific plan

The following countries are all covered under the Australia/South Pacific plan:

  • American Samoa
  • Australia
  • Bali
  • The Cook Islands
  • Fiji
  • French Polynesia
  • Lombok
  • New Caledonia
  • Niue
  • Norfolk Island
  • Samoa
  • Tahiti
  • Tonga
  • Vanuatu

Going further abroad?

Our Worldwide plan offers our highest level of cover and includes all destinations, including those listed under the Australia/South Pacific plan. The only exception are destinations with a travel advisory risk rating of ‘do not travel’ or ‘avoid non-essential travel’ published on the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade website, prior to your start date of insurance. Need more than 12 months cover for Canada, the UK or the USA? If you’re going to Canada, the UK or the USA on a working holiday visa, you can purchase cover for up to 24 months. You will need to call us on 0800 800 571 to arrange this.


What if things change?

One day you’re living in New Caledonia, the next you could be in Hong Kong. If your situation changes and you need to make a change to your Working Overseas travel insurance policy, get in touch with us, and we can make the necessary changes for you. You will need to make sure that your policy is kept up-to-date, ensuring that the destinations you travel to are covered. If you need to contact us from overseas, you can either email us at or call us on +64 9 979 6593.


What you need to know

This page provides a summary of the key terms only. As with all insurance policies, terms and conditions apply. For our terms and conditions (including information about exclusions, excesses and sub limits) we recommend you read the travel insurance Policy Document.