Terms of sale
These Terms of Sale apply to the sale of any Southern Cross Travel Insurance policy (“Policy”) via the Southern Cross Travel Insurance website (“Website”). By purchasing any Policy on the Website you represent that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms of Sale.
- Policy Wording
The policy wording for each Policy applies and it is your responsibility to read and to be familiar with the policy wording. The Policy Wording can be found on this Website under "Policy Wording" and/or is available from Southern Cross Benefits Limited trading as Southern Cross Travel Insurance ("Southern Cross Travel Insurance").
If you are not completely satisfied with the terms and conditions of your Policy, you may cancel in accordance with the guarantee specified in the Policy Wording for the particular Policy and you may be entitled to receive a full or partial refund. If you cancel your Policy, no claims may be made by you. No premium is refundable once a claim is made or after your start date of journey (on the Single Trip Policy) or start date of insurance (on the Annual Multi-Trip Policy), (except to the extent that you may be entitled to a refund under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993).
- Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
The Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 does not apply to you if you are acquiring (or you hold yourself out as acquiring) your Policy for business purposes.
You understand that the information that Southern Cross Travel Insurance (and its representatives including Southern Cross Emergency Assistance and any reinsurer, together referred to in this clause 4 as “we”, “us” or “our”) collects or holds about you and the other persons covered or to be covered under the Policy ("other insured persons") will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement. You can access our Privacy Statement here.
You declare that:
- you and those named on the policy meet the eligibility criteria for the policy that you're purchasing, which can be found in the policy document;
- you are 18 years or older (or your parent or guardian accepts the Guardian Declaration) and you are authorised by each person named as an insured person to:
- complete the application process for the Policy on their behalf;
- make changes or cancel the policy on their behalf;
- you are authorised by the credit cardholder to charge the credit card as the method of payment for the Policy;
- all information that you have given is complete true and accurate and you understand that if any information is not complete, true or accurate Southern Cross Travel Insurance may cancel your Policy and refuse any claim(s) that you make;
- you and any other insured person is not travelling with the intention of receiving medical treatment overseas and none of the people to be insured have been advised by a registered medical practitioner that they are not fit to travel;
- you will notify Southern Cross Travel of any change of email and address.
- Southern Cross Travel Insurance may change these Terms of Sale at any time without notice, and any revised Terms of Sale located on the Website will apply to your purchase of any Policy via the Website.
- If you have any questions, concerns or complaints in relation to these Terms of Sale please contact Southern Cross Travel Insurance by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Travel Articles
- The content of the articles on this website is general and provided for information purposes only. Southern Cross Travel Insurance does not give any warranties or guarantees nor make any representations in relation to the articles. In particular, while reasonable care is taken in their preparation, Southern Cross Travel Insurance does not guarantee or warrant the accuracy, quality, completeness, reliability or currency of the articles (including any errors in or omissions from the content of the articles), or of any websites, materials, information, products or services promoted or accessed via the articles, or their usefulness in achieving any purpose. You should make and rely on your own assessment and enquiries to verify the accuracy of the information provided.
ALL SOUTHERN CROSS TRAVEL INSURANCE POLICIES ARE UNDERWRITTEN BY SOUTHERN CROSS BENEFITS LIMITED
Southern Cross Benefits Limited has an A (Strong) financial strength rating given by Standard & Poor's (Australia) Pty Ltd.
The rating scale is: AAA (Extremely Strong) AA (Very Strong) A (Strong) BBB (Good) BB CCC and CC (Vulnerable characteristics that might outweigh strengths BB (Marginal) B (Weak) CCC (Very weak) CC (Extremely Weak) SD or D (Selective default or default) R (Regulatory Supervision) NR (Not rated).
Ratings from ‘AA’ to ‘CCC’ may be modified by the addition of a plus (+) or minus (-) sign to show relative standing within the major rating categories. Full details of the rating scale are available at www.standardandpoors.com. Standard and Poor’s (Australia) Pty Ltd is an approved agency under the Insurance (Prudential Supervision) Act 2010.