Win a weekend getaway to Melbourne*
Buy travel insurance with us in July 2019 and you’ll go in the draw to win a 2-night getaway to Melbourne, Australia.
Discover everything this city has to offer – a vibrant art scene, world class eateries, an eclectic nightlife, hidden laneways and scenic coastal views.
The prize package includes:
- Return flights with Air New Zealand and private airport transfers
- A two-night stay at the iconic Crown Towers (including breakfast), located in Melbourne's bustling Southbank precinct
- Complimentary access to the Crystal Club Lounge
- Complimentary access to the Aqua Retreat at Crown Spa
- $1,000 spending money
- Complimentary travel insurance
*Win a weekend getaway to Melbourne terms and conditions
1. The Win a weekend getaway to Melbourne promotion (“Promotion”) is promoted by Southern Cross Benefits Limited, trading as Southern Cross Travel Insurance (“SCTI”), Level 7, AMP Centre, 29 Customs Street West, Auckland, New Zealand.
2. The Promotion commences at 00:01 on Monday, 1July 2019 and concludes at 23:59 on Wednesday 31 July 2019 (“Promotional Period”).
3. The Promotion is open to any person who is a resident in New Zealand aged 18 years or over.
4. The Promotion is not open to any staff (and their immediate family), contractors or agents of any of the businesses in the Southern Cross Healthcare Group and the prize draw will be re-drawn if necessary. Immediate family means your spouse, fiancé, fiancée, parent, stepparent, sibling, child, stepchild, parent-in-law, brother and sister-in-law, son and daughter-in-law.
5. To enter the Promotion, individuals must purchase a TravelCare travel insurance policy from SCTI (in New Zealand) during the Promotional Period. Only fully paid policies will automatically go in the prize draw and there is only one entry per new policy purchased, regardless of the number of people on the policy.
6. Purchase of a TravelCare travel insurance policy during the Promotional Period is deemed acceptance of the Promotion terms and conditions.
7. By entering the Promotion, you agree that you are not eligible to receive a prize if you subsequently cancel your policy or it is voided by us.
8. There is 1 single prize (“Prize”) up to the total maximum value of NZD $5,000 to be won which consists of:
- Return economy class “The Works” airfares on Air New Zealand travelling to Melbourne, Australia for you and a friend;
- Private car airport transfers
- 2 nights accommodation at the Crown Towers based on 1x deluxe room for two adults;
- Daily full breakfast;
- Complimentary access to Crystal Club Lounge daily for up to two in-room guests. Crystal Club Lounge is on the 3rd floor and offers breakfast, afternoon tea, evening cocktails and more
- Complimentary bottle of Australian wine on the day of arrival
- Complimentary access to the Aqua Retreat at Crown Spa for 2 people. (Subject to availability at time of booking, advanced bookings recommended)
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- NZD $1,000 spending money;
- Travel insurance for a Single Trip TravelCare policy with $100 excess and cancellation cover up to NZD $5,000 (excluding any additional costs such as specified personal items, moped or motorbike optional cover and pre-existing medical conditions).
9. The Prize is subject to the terms and conditions of individual Prize and service providers.
10. If any Prize (or any element of the Prize) is unavailable, SCTI, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that element of the Prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
11. The Prize draw will be held on Monday, 5 August at 11am AEST at the offices of Southern Cross Travel Insurance, 29 Customs Street West, Auckland.
12. The Prize winner will be published on Wednesday, 7 August 2019 on the website www.scti.co.nz.
13. The Prize winner will initially be notified by telephone using the details provided to SCTI when the policy was purchased. If contact cannot be made in the initial attempt, up to seven further attempts to notify will be made by telephone over a period of no more than three weeks.
14. If contact cannot be established with the winner by telephone, SCTI will attempt to contact the winner by email. If contact cannot be established with the winner by email within 3 months of the relevant draw, the Prize will be re-drawn at 11am AEST on 13 November 2019 at the offices of Southern Cross Travel Insurance, 29 Customs Street West, Auckland.
15. Travel and accommodation are subject to availability at all times. All bookings must be made a minimum of 45 days in advance of requested departure dates. Prize is valid until 30 June 2020.
16. All bookings and documentation regarding the prize must be made via ATPI Business World Travel or their agents. Redeeming the Prize is conditional on acceptance of the terms and conditions of travel as detailed by ATPI Business World Travel and the airline carriers in accordance with normal travel practices.
17. The Prize is non-transferable, and to the extent that the Prize is not cash, cannot be taken as cash.
18. Nothing in these conditions, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the application of the Gambling Act 2003 and the Gambling Act (Lottery) Game Rules 2004 to the Promotion.
19. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, SCTI (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
20. We will not reimburse you for any claims, costs or losses related to this Prize should you choose not to travel as outlined under D2.4(c) of the TravelCare travel insurance policy document.
21. By entering the Promotion, the winner agrees that SCTI may request a photo and/or quote from the winner and use their photo and/or quote and name for promotional and marketing purposes.
22. SCTI’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
23. Facebook and Instagram may be used to advertise or promote the Promotion. By entering the Promotion, entrants agree that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram; and to release Facebook or Instagram from all liability in relation to this Promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion should be directed to the Promoter and not Facebook or Instagram.
24. In entering the Promotion, participants warrant to Southern Cross Travel Insurance that:
a) they have the rights to the content of their Entry and that it does not infringe the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, copyright, trademarks, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal, confidentiality or proprietary rights;
b) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems.
25. The governing law of the Promotion is the law of New Zealand.
26. For further information on the TravelCare travel insurance policy or the Promotion visit our website www.scti.co.nz or call us direct on 0800 800 571.