Novel coronavirus outbreak – Samoa
Issued: 30 January 2020
On Monday 27 January 2020, the Samoan authorities implemented travel restrictions in response to the 2019 Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak in China.
You can find out more about the travel restrictions on the Government of Samoa website.
If in the event you arrive within the 14 day period, health quarantine measures will be applied and deportation to the country of travel origin will be considered.
Am I covered?
If you purchased your policy prior to Wednesday 29 January 2020 at 5.00pm (NZDT) for travel to and/or from Samoa (including transit) and your travel is impacted by the preventative measures, please submit your claim to us so we can assess it.
If you purchased your policy after Wednesday 29 January 2020 at 5.00pm (NZDT) there is no cover for any event relating to the preventative measures. We would consider that you would have been aware of the preventative measures, which has been widely reported in global media.
Terms and conditions apply under your travel insurance policy. Please refer to your policy wording or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Tips on staying safe
- Follow the advice of the local authorities at all times, including any evacuation orders.
- Follow advice from the World Health Organisation (WHO).
- Closely monitor media and news channels to stay up-to-date with any developments.
- Update your registration and check information on the Safe Travel website.
- If you need consular assistance, please contact the New Zealand Embassy.
- Keep in touch with family and friends in New Zealand with updates about your safety and whereabouts.