We’ve seen all the circumstances that could go wrong on your trip, from lost luggage to medical emergencies. We don’t want to scare you off from exploring the world, we just want you to return home safely with all your stuff. That’s why our comprehensive TravelCare policy provides cover for those pesky unexpected events at an affordable price.
We also offer cover for travellers going overseas to work, and for those coming to New Zealand to study or for a holiday.
Great cover at a great price
Our comprehensive TravelCare policy starts from just $15* for destinations such as Australia, Fiji or Samoa and includes our great cover benefits and features.
If this happens… we cover you for up to…
You require medical assistance for an unexpected illness – UNLIMITED
Because when it comes to you, we want to ensure you get the help and care you need, to be able to return home.
You’re seriously injured in an accident and have to pay hospital bills – UNLIMITED
You need to be evacuated for an unexpected injury or illness – UNLIMITED
You require emergency dental treatment for relief from sudden and acute pain or tooth injury that causes acute pain - $750 per person, per journey
You’re hospitalised and required to stay for over 72 hours - $100 per 24-hour period, up to a maximum of $3,000, per person, per journey
Due to an accidental injury on your trip, you suffer from loss of income – up to $500 per week per person, to a maximum of $6,500, or $13,000 per journey
You need to alter or cancel your journey due to an unexpected event - $50,000 (individual policy), or up to $100,000 (family policy)
Your travel plans are interrupted and you’re stranded overseas due to an unexpected event - $30,000 or 30 days, (whichever is lower)
Your luggage or personal items are accidentally lost or stolen - $25,000 (individual policy), $50,000 (family policy)
Your bags are delayed for more than 12 hours - $1,000 per person, to a maximum of $5,000 per journey
Your passport or travel documents are lost or stolen - $1,000 (individual policy), or $2,000 (family policy)
You have an accident that causes damage to property or injury to another person, and you’re legally liable - $1,000,000
You have to pay the excess on your rental car, if your rental car is damaged, stolen, or you have an accident - $5,000
As with all insurance policies, terms and conditions apply. For our terms and conditions, excess and sub-limits, please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), including Policy Wording.
Why choose us?
- You can buy travel insurance, amend your policy, and submit a claim online - because we like to make things easier for you.
- You can get better value for less, because you don’t have to pay travel agent’s or insurance broker’s commissions.
- You deal with us directly, even at claim time, because we underwrite our own policies. So you’ll never have to chase a company you don’t know and have never dealt with before, to follow up on your claim.
- You get access to our worldwide emergency assistance team, ready to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- You get peace of mind with our comprehensive cover, so can relax and enjoy your break, knowing you and your family are covered for the unexpected.
If you have any queries about our cover, email us anytime, or call us on 0800 800 571 Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5pm NZST/NZDT.