While New Zealand is generally regarded as a safe place for travellers, it is strongly recommended that all visitors and visa holders have relevant insurance protection. With Visiting New Zealand travel insurance, you'll have the comfort of knowing that you'll be looked after if the unexpected happens.
Am I eligible?
Most non-residents holding visas other than an international student visa are eligible for cover. This includes but is not limited to:
- Visitors/ Working Holiday and Guardian visas
- Job search and work visas
- General migrants
Once you are a Permanent Resident of New Zealand, you are no longer eligible for cover under this policy.
Important things you need to know
- This policy covers you if the unexpected happens, but only for claims that are actual and reasonable.
- You must report any property, money or document loss or theft to the police, security, or appropriate authorities, within 24 hours of the discovery of the loss and obtain a full written report.
- An excess of $100 applies per event under all sections of the policy.
- In certain circumstances, we are entitled to return you to your home country if you are medically fit to fly.
For full terms and conditions, excesses and sub-limits, please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) including Policy Wording.