When you apply for, extend or amend a policy with us, we will ask you a series of questions. When you answer these questions, you must declare everything you know, or which a reasonable person in the circumstances would be expected to know, for us to decide:
- whether we will insure you;
- the amount we will charge you; and
- whether any special conditions will apply to your policy.
Everyone who is insured under the policy must comply with this duty of disclosure. If you provide information on behalf of another insured, you are responsible for the accuracy and completeness of that information. If you (or they) do not comply with this duty of disclosure, we may refuse to issue a policy, reduce our liability for any claim and/or cancel your policy, or refuse to pay your claim or treat your policy as void from the beginning.
This duty of disclosure applies until we:
- first enter into the policy with you; or
- we agree to a variation or extension with you.
This does not remove or limit your obligations under any other sections of this policy including Section B7 New Health event exclusions to inform us of any changes to your health
- between your start date of insurance and your start date of journey (on a Single Trip Policy); or
- prior to your start date of insurance and prior to the start date of journey for each journey (on an Annual Multi-Trip Policy).